Ads 468x60px

Labels

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Behind the name: Gabriel

I showed my latest wire name that I made (refer to previous post) to my friend Gabriel after our church function this morning. He likes my ice-blue colour wirename.Sold this for RM5.



The wire name size (compared to an Apple Ipod)



Side view


close-up view # 1


close-up view # 2


Wire name with a carabiner*

GABRIEL
Gender: Masculine
Usage: French, German, Scandinavian, Spanish, Portuguese, English, Romanian, Polish, Biblical

Pronounced: ga-bree-EL (French), GAY-bree-l (English), GAHP-ryel (Polish)

From the Hebrew name גַבְרִיאֵל (Gavri'el) meaning "strong man of God". Gabriel was one of the seven archangels in Hebrew tradition. He appears in both the Old Testament and the New Testament, where he serves as the announcer of the births of John to Zechariah and Jesus to Mary. This name has been used occasionally in England since the 12th century. It was not common in the English-speaking world until the end of the 20th century

from http://www.behindthename.com/name/gabriel


*Carabiner
A carabiner or karabiner (colloquially: crab, D ring, krab, or 'biner) is a metal loop with a sprung or screwed gate.The loop part opposite the gate is referred to as the spine. It can quickly and reversibly connect components in safety-critical systems. The word comes from "Karabinerhaken", meaning "hook for a carbine" in German.

Usage
Carabiners are widely used in sports requiring ropework, such as climbing, slacklining, caving ("Single Rope Technique"), canyoning, and sailing, and in industrial rope access work, such as construction or window cleaning.

Carabiners used in sports tend to be lighter than carabiners used in industry. For recreational climbing, almost all carabiners are made from 7075 aluminum and are treated to a T6 temper (solution treated and then artificially aged).

For rope rescues and industrial uses, where the weight of the carabiner is not an important factor and larger working loads are encountered, steel carabiners are commonly used. Some carabiners used in industry do not have a sprung swinging gate but have a screw shut gate that generally can be opened and closed only using a special tool.

Carabiners have also found a place in popular usage as key holders, and as water-bottle holders for hikers.

HOT OFFER!

You can have all the skills under your belt that you need in this ebook to make a constant $1,574 a week, or even more, you can sell more from the comfort of your own home through a website or ebay !

Or you can just add to your hobby list with the added bonus of being able to make Birthday and Christmas presents !

If you decide to purchase, I really wish you the best of luck with this amazing skill that has seen me through all these years..

Get it HERE

All the best,
Cornelius



No comments:

 

Testimonials


I bought the 'How to Make Wire Names" book and I am GLAD I found it. I am a 66 yr old disabled man on dialysis and now I have a way to make a living!

Doing wire names at festivals and farmers markets and my worst day I made $100. Usually I make between $200 & $300 a day. Not bad for "working" 10 hours on a weekend.

I love what I am doing and the people I meet making wire name pins and pendants
Thanks for showing me this opportunity...

By Peter Lansing



Get it Here



What Will You Get?


Now with 162 pages jam packed with Instructions and Photographs. This Skill could make all the difference to how you make money in the future..